The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

What types of fish and seafood are permissible?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

What types of fish and seafood are permissible? Empty
PostSubject: What types of fish and seafood are permissible?   What types of fish and seafood are permissible? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:00 pm

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1919/seafood
Back to top Go down
Rahmatullah
Bronze
Bronze
Rahmatullah

What types of fish and seafood are permissible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What types of fish and seafood are permissible?   What types of fish and seafood are permissible? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 am

This answers some of my questions but not all...I am assuming since crocodiles are not permissable, neither are alliators, since they have the same "fangs". In explanation, I live in Louisiana,USA, the southern part to be excact...here the local cuisine consists of fish and other seafood that is harvested and/or caught locally...My ancestors setteled this area and lived off of the food available. I only have questions about a couple of foods, oysters and crawfish. Both are grown commercially and readily available....can anyone give me a more "USA" friendly list of fish and seaood?
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1