The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

Regarding Neighbours

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

Regarding Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Regarding Neighbours   Regarding Neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 am

Narrated Aisha:

I heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) say, “Gabriel continued to advise me to treat neighbors well until I thought he would make them my heirs.”

[Sahih Muslim, Book 032, Number 6354]
Back to top Go down
anisa
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Neighbours   Regarding Neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

asalam

ABOUT Neighbors

MuhammadAli just returned home after helping the neighbors with many chores. He was wondering what Islam recommended about neighbors. "Dad, I am wondering what Islam says about being neighborly. I have just finished helping them."

"That is very commendable," Abdul-Rahman said, "It is very nice to have good neighborly feeling? Isn't it nice to help and be kind to our neighbors and they, in return, do likewise?

A neighborhood blessed with friendly families is a marvelous community. They exchange visits, help each other, and what is offered one day will be offered back later. The children and adults become trusted friends, and all will establish healthy, happy relationships. The Holy Quran says about neighborliness:

وَاعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ وَلاَ تُشْرِكُواْ بِهِ شَيْئًا وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا وَبِذِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَالْجَارِ ذِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْجَارِ الْجُنُبِ وَالصَّاحِبِ بِالجَنبِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ وَمَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ مَن كَانَ مُخْتَالاً فَخُورًا

Serve Allah And Associate None With Him. Show Kindness To Your Parents And Kinsfolk, And To The Orphans, To The Needy, To Your Near And Distant Neighbors, To Your Fellow‑Travelers, To The Wayfarer, And To What Your Right Hands Possess: For Allah Loves Not The Arrogant And Haughty Men.

(Surah 4: Ayah 36)

The Almighty enjoins on us to be good to our parents first, then relatives, then orphans and those in need; then He directs us to do good to our neighbors. Being good to neighbors is enjoined by Allah (swt). There are many Hadiths and recommendations about neighborliness. Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said:

مَن كانَ يُؤمنُ باللهِ والَيومِ الآخِر فليَـقُل خَيراً أو ِليَصْمُت

ومَن كانَ يُؤمنُ باللهِ والَيومِ الآخِر فلْيُكرمٍ جَـاره

ومَن كانَ يُؤمنُ باللهِ والَيومِ الآخِر فلْيُكرمٍ ضَيْفَه

Let The Believer In Allah And Day Of Judgment Either Speak Good Or Keep Silent. Let The Believer In Allah And Day Of Judgment Honor His Neighbor. Let The Believer In Allah And Day Of Judgment Honor His Guest

Muslim And Bukhari

ما زآل جِبْـريلُ يُوصِيني بالجَّـار حتّى ظَننتُ أنه سَيُورثُه

A'isha Relates That The Holy Prophet Said `Gabriel Advised Me So Repeatedly To Care For My Neighbor That I Thought Allah Was To Make The Neighbor My Inheritor!

Muttafaq Alayh

خَيرُ الأصْحابِ عند اللهِ تعالى خَيْرُهم لِصاحِبهِ، وخَيرُ الجِيرانِ عند اللهِ تعالى خَيْرُهم لِجارِهِ

The Finest In The Sight Of Allah Is The Person Who Is Best To His Friends. And The Finest In The Sight Of Allah Is The Person Who Is Best To His Neighbor. Tirmidhi

مَن كانَ يُؤمنُ باللهِ والَيومِ الآخِر فَلْيُحسِن إلى جَارهِ...

Let Him Who Believes In Allah And The Day Of Judgment Not Harm His Neighbor..

Muslim

"As you read the above Hadiths, MuhammadAli," continued Abdul-Rahman, "You will notice how important it is to be neighborly. It is wonderful to be neighborly, help those nearby, be good friends with them, and cooperate with them. Not only will the children benefit, but so will the adults and the whole neighborhood as well. This is more so if our neighbors are elderly or disabled, needing our help and understanding."

"So from what you are telling me Islam urges us to be helping and very good neighbors," MuhammadAli commented.

Abdul-Rahman answered briefly:

ISLAM TEACHES US ABOUT BEING NEIGHBORLY:

That it is gracious to be neighborly

That cooperation with our neighbors is certainly better than discord

That being neighborly is the beginning of good relationship

That we should be particularly helpful if our neighbors are old, disabled, or needy."
Back to top Go down
http://anisa75.blogspot.com/
Grace Seeker
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Neighbours   Regarding Neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Let us ask the same question of Islam that was asked of Jesus, "Who is my neighbor?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Neighbours   Regarding Neighbours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding Neighbours
Page 1 of 1