The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

Watch your tongue!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

Watch your tongue! Empty
PostSubject: Watch your tongue!   Watch your tongue! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:50 am

‎... I said, "O Messenger of Allah, inform me of an action which will get me into Paradise and keep me away from the fire."

He (sas) said, "You have asked about something great although it is easy upon those for whom Allah has made it easy. Worship Allah and never any others along with Him, maintain the prayers, pay the Zakat, fast Ramadhan and make pilgrimage to the House."

Then he (sas) said, "Should I not direct you to the doors of good? Fasting is a protection, sadaqa extinguishes sins like water extinguishes fire and the prayer of someone in the middle of the night." Then he recited:

"Their sides withdraw from their lying places to supplicate to their Lord in fear and in hope, and they expend of what We have provided them." [32:16]

Then he (sas) said, "Should I not inform you of the head of all of this and its support and its pinnacle?" I said, "Of course yes, O Messenger of Allah."

He (sas) said, "The head of it is submission, its pillar is prayer and its pinnacle is fighting in the path of Allah."

Then he (sas) said, "Should I not inform you of enable and makes firm all of that?" I said, "Of course yes, O Messenger of Allah."

So, he took hold of his tongue and said, "Keep control of this." I said, "O Messenger of Allah, are we to be taken to account for what we say?" He (sas) said, "May your mother be bereaved of you O Mu'adh! What throws the people into the fire on their faces other than the fruits of their tongues?"

Back to top Go down

Watch your tongue!
Page 1 of 1