The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

A Qur'an Competition

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

A Qur'an Competition Empty
PostSubject: A Qur'an Competition   A Qur'an Competition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:19 am

A Qur'an Competition AmazinggoldenQuran

Day 1:

Q.1: A certain age in one's life is mentioned in particular in a sura of the Qur'an? What is that
        age? Which sura and ayah? What should one do at this age?

َQ.2: Who are the two that the Qur'an mentions as bad examples of women who betrayed their
     Prophet husbands?

Day 2:

Q.3: What is the reason that the Qur'an gives for which the Prophet Jonah (pbuh) was thrown
        out of the whale's abdomen? Which sura and ayah?

Q.4: What is the sura that talks about the test of Abraham, pbuh, (Allah's command for him to sacrifice
      his son?)?

Day 3:

Q.5: The dog is mentioned twice in the Qur'an. What are the sura and ayah numbers?

Q. 6: Which sura of the Qur'an talks about "hadith al ifk" which refers to the event about the false
         accusations made against Sayyeda Aisha (raa)?

Day 4:

Q. 7  What are the three ayat that marked the gradual prohibition of wine in the Qur'an?

Q. 8  What does the Qur'an indirectly teach us to say when we see someone who has better
        things than us, e.g. more money, better possessions, etc.?

Day 5:

Q. 9  In a certain situation, Allah asked Abraham a question in response to one of his
        requests. Abraham's response was, 'Yes', 'but so that my heart may be re-assured'.      

What was the context of this saying? And in which sura and ayah?  

Q. 10. What did Allah say to Moses when the latter said,  "My Lord! Show me that I may
      behold You!"?

Day 6:

Q. 11 Who is the woman who asked Allah to build a house for her in Jannah?

Q. 12 Who said these words?

"He said, “Have you then ever considered what you have been worshipping,

you and your ancient fathers,

they all are an enemy to me, except the Lord of the worlds,

who created me, and who guides me,

and Who feeds me and gives me drink,

and when I become sick, He heals me,

and who will make me die, then will give me life,

and who, I hope, will forgive my fault on the Day of Retribution."

Day 7:

Q.13 Who built the golden calf to the Jews when Moses, pbuh, was  on Mount Siniai?

Q.14 Who said this du'aa, “My Lord, do not leave me alone and You are the best of inheritors.”?

Day 8:

Q.15 The Qur'an mentions a type of fasting that the Jews had which involves something that            Muslims do not have now. What is it? Who are two characters that the Qur'an mentions
        in relation to this fasting?

Q.16  What would happen, according to the Qur'an, if there were gods other than Allah?

Day 9:

Q. 17 How many signs were given to the Pharaoh of Moses and His people by Allah?

Q. 18. Who said this:

"'This is of my Lord's bounty, that He may try me, whether I give thanks or am ungrateful. And whoever gives thanks, gives thanks only for his own sake, and whoever is ungrateful, [should know] then my Lord is surely Independent, Generous'. "

Day 10:

Q. 19. "Do people suppose that they will be left to say, ‘We believe’, and they will not be
           tried?

And certainly We tried those who were before them. So God shall surely know those
           who are sincere, and He shall surely know those who are liars."

In which sura do these ayat occur?

Q. 20. Who was Qarun? In which sura is his story recounted?

Day 11:

Q. 21 Who was the Prophet who made this supplication to Allah?

"‘My Lord, do not leave from among the disbelievers a single dweller upon the earth.

Assuredly if You leave them, they will lead Your servants astray, and will beget only disbelieving profligates."

Q. 22 Who was the Prophet whose people slaughtered the she-camel that Allah sent them as
         a sign?

Day 12:

Q. 23 How many years did Noah, pbuh, live?

Q. 24 What is the surah in which Allah mentions the nature of Satan and what is
         this nature? (Does he belong the angels, Jinn, whatever)?

Day 13:

Q. 25 What did Allah command Job to do so that he would be cured?

Q. 26 What is the sura that mentions the test that David, pbuh, faced?

Day 14:

Q. 27. How were the people of the Prophet Hud, pbuh, punished?

Q. 28. What is the ayah in the Qur'an that prohibits suicide?

Day 15:

Q. 29. How is dry ablution done?

Q. 30. What is the penalty of apostates according to the Qur'an?

Day 16:

Q. 31. What should we do if we find others making fun of Allah's ayat?

Q. 32. What does the Qur'an teach about neighbours?

Day 17:

Q. 33. Who made this duaa?

‘Enter into Egypt, if God will, in safety’.

Q. 34. Which ayah talks about the family attitude in the case of problems between the spouses?

Day 18:

Q. 35 Who said the following statement:

"Yet I do not exculpate my own soul; verily the soul is ever inciting to evil, except that whereon my Lord has mercy. Truly my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful’."

Q. 36 How many doors does Hell have and How many angels guard it?

Day 19:

Q. 37 What was the vision that the Prophet Joseph, pbuh, saw and how did it come true?

Q. 38 What is the sura that mentions Allah's promise to keep the corpse of the drowned Moses' pharaoh to be a sign for later generations?

Day 20:

Q. 39 Who was the Prophet whose people told him "We do not understand much of what you say. Truly we see you are weak among us, and were it not for your clan, we would have stoned you; for you are not powerful for us’?

Q. 40 Why did the angels visit Abraham, pbuh?

Day 21:

Q. 41 Who was tاe Prophet whose transgressing people Allah desroyed and left a sign in their country?

Q. 42 What is the penalty of illegitimate sexual relations according to the Qur'an?

Day 22:

Q. 43 What was the advice that Jacob gave to his sons?

Q. 44  Who said the following statement:

He said, 'My Lord, truly the bones within me have become feeble, and my head is alight with grey hair, and I have never been in my supplications to You, my Lord, unsuccessful. And truly I fear my kinsfolk after me, and my wife is barren. So grant me from Yourself a successor,
who may inherit from me and inherit from the House of Jacob, and make him, my Lord, acceptable'.

Day 23:

Q. 45 What were Allah's signs to the Pharaoh and his people to let them believe?

Q. 46  Who are the Prophets mentioned in the Qur'an?

Day 24:

Q. 47 Mention two of the signs of the end of days according to the Qur'an.

Q. 48 In which sura are Gog and Magog mentioned?

Day 25:

Q. 49 What did the Pharaoh of Moses ask Haman to do for him?

Q. 50 What is the thing that the Qur'an likens to a cobweb?

Day 26:

Q. 51 What are the five things that only Allah knows?

Q. 52 One sura mentions the crow. What is this sura and what was the role it played?

Day 27:

Q. 53 Who are the Prophets whose peoples were chastised by drowning?

Q. 54  Who said, "O my two fellow-prisoners! Are several lords better, or God, the One, the Almighty?

You do not worship, apart from Him anything but [mere] names that you have named, you and your fathers. God has not revealed any warrant regarding them. Judgement belongs only to God. He has commanded that you worship none but Him. That is the upright religion, but most people do not know."

Day 28:

Q. 55 Who was the man that Moses, pbuh, met and learnt from?

Q. 56 What was the context of this?

"He said: ‘It was she who attempted to seduce me’. And a witness of her own folk testified: ‘If his shirt has been torn from the front, then she speaks the truth, and he is of the liars;

but if his shirt has been torn from behind, then she has lied, and he is of the truthful’."

Day 29:

Q. 57 What was the sign that the disciples requested from Jesus, pbuh?

Q. 58  What is the Qur'anic teaching about adoption?

Day 30:

Q. 59 Who said,

"He said, 'My Lord, expand my breast for me.

And make easy for me my affair.

And undo the knot upon my tongue,

so that they may understand what I [shall] say. "

Q. 60 In which suras do we find the Qur'anic references to the Night Journey?

Back to top Go down

A Qur'an Competition
Page 1 of 1