The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

No haste and what else?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

No haste and what else? Empty
PostSubject: No haste and what else?   No haste and what else? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:29 pm

A person should ask his Lord for whatever he wants of the good things in this world and the Hereafter, and he should beseech Allah in Du'a, and not seek a hasty response, because the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"The slave will receive a response so long as his Du'a does not involve sin or severing of family ties, and so long as he is not hasty." It was said, "What does being hasty mean?" He said: "When he says, 'I made Du'a and I made Du'a, and I have not seen any response,' and he gets frustrated and stops making Du'a." [Bukhari]

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said,

“Make dua to Allah in a state that you are certain that your dua will be responded to, and know that Allah does not respond to a dua that originates from a negligent, inattentive heart” (Tirmidhi)
Back to top Go down

No haste and what else?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Islamic Haven :: Du'aas (Supplications) :: Etiquettes of Supplication-
Jump to: