The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

Tafsir Sura 50 (Qaf)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

Tafsir Sura 50 (Qaf) Empty
PostSubject: Tafsir Sura 50 (Qaf)   Tafsir Sura 50 (Qaf) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 10:02 am

Part I:

Part II:

Commentary on Sura 50:

Qâf

In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful

[50:1]
Qāf. By the glorious Qur’ān.

[50:2]
Nay, but they consider it odd that there should have come to them a warner from among themselves. So the disbelievers say, ‘This is an odd thing!

[50:3]
What! When we are dead and have become dust? That is a far-fetched return!’

[50:4]
We know what the earth diminishes of them, and with Us is a preserving Book.

[50:5]
Nay, but they denied the truth, when it came to them and so they are [now] in a confounded situation.

[50:6]
Have they not then looked at the heaven above them, how We have built it, and adorned it, and how there are no cracks in it?

[50:7]
And the earth We have spread it out, and cast in it firm mountains, and caused every delightful kind to grow in it,

[50:8]
as an insight and a reminder for every penitent servant.

[50:9]
And We send down from the heaven blessed water with which We cause to grow gardens and the grain that is harvested,

[50:10]
and the date-palms that stand tall with piled spathes,

[50:11]
as provision for [Our] servants; and with it We revive a dead land. So shall be the rising.

[50:12]
The people of Noah denied before them and [so did] the dwellers at al-Rass and Thamūd,

[50:13]
and ‘ād, and Pharaoh, the brethren of Lot,

[50:14]
and the dwellers in the wood, and the people of Tubba’. Each denied the messengers, and so My threat became due.

[50:15]
Were We then wearied by the first creation? Nay, yet they are in doubt about a new creation.

[50:16]
And verily We created man and We know what his soul whispers to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.

[50:17]
When the two Receivers receive, seated on the right and on the left,

[50:18]
he does not utter a word but that there is beside him a watcher, [who is] ready.

[50:19]
And the agony of death arrives with the truth. That is what you used to shun.

[50:20]
And the Trumpet will be blown. That is the Day of the Promised Threat.

[50:21]
And every soul will come, accompanied by a driver, and a witness:

[50:22]
‘Verily, you were oblivious of this: So [now] We have removed from you your covering, and so your sight on this day is acute’.

[50:23]
And his companion will say, ‘This is what I have ready with me [as testimony]’:

[50:24]
‘Cast into Hell every obdurate disbeliever,

[50:25]
hinderer of good, transgressor, skeptic,

[50:26]
who has set up alongside God another god! Cast him then into the severe chastisement’.

[50:27]
And his companion will say, ‘Our Lord! I did not make him a rebel, but he [himself] was in extreme error’.

[50:28]
He will say, ‘Do not dispute in My presence, for I had already given you the threat.

[50:29]
The word [that comes] from Me cannot be altered, and I am not unjust to servants’

[50:30]
on the day when We will say to Hell, ‘Are you [now] full?’ and it will say: ‘Are there any more?’

[50:31]
And Paradise will be brought near for the God-fearing, not far [anymore].

[50:32]
‘This is what you were promised — [it is] for every penitent one, who is mindful,

[50:33]
who fears the Compassionate One [while He is] in the Unseen, and comes with a penitent heart’.

[50:34]
‘Enter it in peace! That is the day of immortality’.

[50:35]
Therein they will have whatever they wish; and with Us there is yet more.

[50:36]
And how many a generation We destroyed before them, who were mightier than these in prowess, and [who] then searched throughout the land [wondering]: is there any escape?

[50:37]
Assuredly there is in that a reminder for him who has a heart, or gives ear in [full] witness.

[50:38]
And verily We created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days, and no weariness touched Us.

[50:39]
So endure [patiently] what they say, and glorify with praise of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before the sunset;

[50:40]
and glorify Him at [some part of the] night and after prostrations.

[50:41]
And listen on the day when the caller calls out from a place that is near.

[50:42]
On the day when they hear the Call of truth; that is the day of coming forth.

[50:43]
Indeed it is We Who give life and bring death, and to Us is the journey’s end.

[50:44]
On the day when the earth is split asunder from them, [they will come] hastening forth. That is an easy gathering for Us.

[50:45]
We know best what they say, and you are not [to be] a coercer of them. So admonish by the Qur’ān those who fear My threat.

Back to top Go down

Tafsir Sura 50 (Qaf)
Page 1 of 1