The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

Conditions of the Shahada

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

Conditions of the Shahada  Empty
PostSubject: Conditions of the Shahada    Conditions of the Shahada  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Conditions of the Shahada (Part 1): Ashhadu Alla ilaha illalla

There are many conditions to the testimony of faith ‘Shahadah’ (also known as the first pillar of Islam): “Ashhadu Alla ilaha illallah Wa Ashhadu ana Muhammad ar RasoolAllah.” Seven main conditions are as follows:

1. Knowledge of its meaning with both negative and affirmative aspects.
2. Certitude with perfect knowledge, which negates all doubts and suspicions.
3. Sincerity and purity of intention in comparison to shirk.
4. Truthfulness which negates the falsehood and prohibits hypocrisy.
5. Love of and devotion to the testimony of faith and its requirements.
6. Submission to its requirements, which include acts of worship to be dedicated to Allah (عز و جل ) alone, and seeking His pleasure.
7. Acceptance in comparison to rejection or denial of the Shahadah.

Ist Condition - Knowledge (I’lm)

Knowledge of its meaning in terms of negation and affirmation. Also knowledge about whom we are worshipping. The evidence for this is the saying of Allah (عز و جل ) in the Holy Qur'an:

“So know, that ‘La ilaha illallah’ (there is no ilah worthy of worship except Allah)”. [Muhammad 47]

In a confirmed Hadith, narrated by Uthman (رضي الله عنه ) the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said,

“He who dies knowing that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah shall enter Al-Jannah (Paradise)”. [Sahih Muslim]

Allah (عز و جل ) says,

“And We did not send a Messenger before you (O Muhammad) but We revealed to him (saying): La ilaha illallah Ana (there is no ilah worthy of worship except I (Allah), so worship Me”. [Al-Anbiya 21]

Prophets like Nuh, Hud and Salih (as) each said:

“… O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other ilah but Him”. [Al-A’raf 7:59, Hud 11:50, Hud 11:61]

And The Exalted also tells us that the da’wah of all the Prophets and Messengers was one and the same:

“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (nation) a Messenger (Proclaiming): Worship Allah (Alone), and keep away from Taghoot (false deities).” [Al-Nahl 16]

And He also tells us about the friend (Al-Khalil) - peace and blessings be upon him:

“And (remember) when Ibrahim said to his father and his people: “Verily, I am innocent of what you worship, Except Him (Allah) Who did create me; and verily, He will guide me.” And he made it (La ilaha illallah) a Word lasting among his offspring, that they may turn back (i.e. in repentance to Allah).” [Az-Zukhruf 43-28]

Allah the Exalted, ordained His Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) to convey to his Ummah:

“… And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him….” [Al-Isra 17]
And:

“Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship…” [An-Nisa 4]

These above ayat and others in the Quran, similar in meaning, give a clear indication that all the Prophets and Messengers were sent to their nations and entire mankind to prove ‘La iIlaha illallah’ - there is no deity (worthy of worship) except Allah.

2nd Condition - Certainty (Al-Yaqeen)

Once a person has become firm in the knowledge of “La ilaha illallah”, then all doubts and suspicions should be replaced with certainty. The declaration has to be made without any suspicion regarding its meaning. The evidence of certainty is Allah (عز و جل )’s saying:

“Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and never since doubted but strive with their wealth and their lives for the cause of Allah. Those! They are the truthful.” [Al-Hujurat 49]

Allah (عز و جل ) made certainty, without doubt (or suspicions), a condition of true belief (in Allah and His Messenger), since the doubter is from the ranks of the hypocrites (Al-Munafiqoon).

It is narrated from Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه ) that the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:

“The worshipper meeting Allah having testified that there is no ilah worthy of worship except Allah and that I am the Messenger of Allah, not doubting them, shall enter Al-Jannah.” [Sahih Muslim]

His saying: “Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger…” “Only…”- confirms that those mentioned are included and all others are excluded. This means that the people of true belief (Iman), both apparent and hidden, are only those who believe in Allah and His Messenger. They believe without doubt or suspicion, by their word of mouth and deeds, and they strive in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives.

He, the Exalted, therefore says: “… Those! They are the truthful.”

Regarding the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم )’s saying:

“I bear witness that there is no ilah worthy of worship except Allah and that I am the Messenger of Allah”.

To witness is to inform and testify. Man is obliged to testify that only Allah is worthy of worship and that He is One and that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) is the Messenger (of Allah).
His saying: “The worshipper meeting Allah having testified…” This is the evidence from the hadith as is the other narration stating: “The worshipper meeting Allah having testified… is not excluded from Al-Jannah (Paradise).

To clarify his (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) saying: “… he is not excluded from Al-Jannah (Paradise) “, we must explain two things:

Exclusion from Al-Jannah (paradise) is of two kinds:
Permanent exclusion - in the case of disbelievers. This does not apply to those who meet Allah (عز و جل ) onTawhid (La ilaha illallah).
Temporary exclusion - this may happen to some believers for major sins they committed as proven in the authentic traditions.

3rd Condition - Sincerity (Al-Ikhlas)

The intention behind accepting Islam and performing all acts of worship must be purely devoted to Allah (عز و جل ). The evidence of sincerity which negates shirk, is Allah (عز و جل )’s saying:

“Surely, the religion is for Allah only…” [Az-Zumar 39]

And:

“And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give Zakat: and that is the right religion.” [Al-Baiyinah 98]

It is narrated from Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه ) that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said: “The happiest person who will have my intercession will be the one who said sincerely (from the bottom of his heart): None is worthy of worship except Allah.” [Al-Bukhari]

Also narrated by Otban bin Malik (رضي الله عنه ) that Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:
“Allah has forbidden hell for those who say: (there in no ilah worthy of worship except Allah) for the sake of Allah only.” [Al-Bukhari]

Referring to the hadith quoted earlier “The happiest person…” this hadith is reported by Imam Al-Bukhari in his Sahih and others. It is also narrated by Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه ) who said:

“It was said: “O Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ); who is the happiest of mankind with your intercession on the Day of Judgement? The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said: I thought, O Abu Hurairah that no one would ask me about this hadith before you because of what I have witnessed of your eagerness for hadith. The happiest of mankind with my intercession on the Day of Judgement is the one who said sincerely (from the bottom of his heart) none is worthy of worship except Allah.” [Reported by Al-Bukhari]

4th Condition - Truthfulness (Sidq)

The truth that permits neither falsehood nor hypocrisy. The evidence of the truth is Allah (عز و جل )’s saying:

“Alif Lam Mim. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: “We Believe”, and will not be tested. And we indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test).” [Al-Ankabut 29-3]
Also:

“And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: “We believe in Allah and the Last Day” while in fact they believe not. They (think to) deceive Allah and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive it not! In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allah has increased their disease, A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies.” [Al-Baqarah 2-10]

It was narrated by Mu’adh ibn Jabal (رضي الله عنه ) that Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:

“There is none who testifies truthfully from his heart that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) is His abd (His worshipper) and Messenger, except that Allah will save him from Hell-Fire.” [Reported by Al-Bukhari]

Regarding His saying: “And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: “We believe in Allah and the Last Day.”

Allah (عز و جل ) informs us about what the hypocrites used to do i.e. to show their Iman (faith) by (merely) pronouncing it (with their tongues) whilst their hearts concealed Al-Kufr (Disbelief). They thought that they could deceive Allah (عز و جل ), and deceive the believers into being misled by them and inclined towards them. The opposite was the result for this deceit. They were in fact deceiving themselves but did not know because of their utter ignorance and their evil conscience. What drove them to this deceit and lying was suspicion.

As for their penalty in the Hereafter, it is in His, the Exalted’s, saying: “…A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies.”

Referring to the hadith quoted earlier narrated by Mu’adh ibn Jabal (رضي الله عنه ) that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:

“There is none who testifies…” It was reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim that Anas (رضي الله عنه ) narrated from Mu'adh (رضي الله عنه ), the text of which states in Al-Bukhari that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ), when Mu'adh (رضي الله عنه ) was alongside him as a companion rider, said:

“O Mu'adh ibn Jabal, “Mu'adh replied: “Labbaik, O Messenger of Allah and Sa’daik.” The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said: O Mu'adh! he replied: ‘Labbaik, O Messenger of Allah and Sa’daik’, three times. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said: “There is none who testifies truthfully from his heart, that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, except that Allah will save him from the Hell-Fire”. (Mu'adh) asked: “O Messenger of Allah, should I not inform the people about it so that they may have glad tidings?” The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) replied: “When the people hear about it they will solely depend upon it.”

Mu'adh (رضي الله عنه ) narrated this Hadith just before his death- fearing that he may be committing a sin by withholding knowledge from the people.
This confirms that the Hadith agrees with the Ayat (verses) which I quoted earlier that the testimony will not be accepted unless oral testification (by word of mouth) is joined and accompanied by firm belief of the heart. Allah has falsified the hypocrites and did not accept their testimony although they announced to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) that he is the Messenger of Allah. That is because they merely said it by word of mouth and were not truthful. Regarding this Allah(عز و جل ) said:

When the hypocrites come to you (O Muhammad), they say “We bear witness that you are indeed the Messenger of Allah. “Allah knows that you are indeed His Messenger and Allah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed.” [Al-Munafiqun 63]

5th Condition - Love (Mahabbah)

Love for this statement “La ilaha illallah” means:

1. To love Allah (عز و جل ) and His Messenger Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم ), more than
anything else.
2. To love what Allah (عز و جل ) and His Messenger Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) love.
3. To hate or dislike what Allah (عز و جل ) and His Messenger Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و
سلم ) hate or dislike in all matters that are related to the religion.

The evidence for love is the saying of Allah (عز و جل ):

“And of mankind are some who take others (for worship) besides Allah as rivals (to Allah). They love them as they love Allah. But those who believe love Allah more.” [Al-Baqarah 2]

And:

“O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him;

humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allah, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers...” [Al-Maidah 5]

It is narrated from Anas (رضي الله عنه ) that: “The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:

“Whoever possesses the following three qualities will attain the sweetness of faith:
Allah and His Messenger are dearer to him than anything else.
To love a person for nothing except the sake of Allah.
To hate to revert to disbelief (kufr), having been saved from it by Allah, as he hates being thrown into Hell-Fire”. [Reported by Muslim]

As for the meaning of His(الله عز و جل )’s, saying: “But those who believe love Allah more (than anything else)…”

There is evidence in this ayah as to the forbiddance of one type of major shirk (association). That is the shirk of apportioning love equally between Allah(عز و جل ) and those they consider as His equals, as practised by the disbelievers.

The meaning of the sweetness of faith (Iman), is to take delight in the acts of obedience to Allah, to bear the hardships in seeking the pleasure of Allah (the Majestic, the Exalted) and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) and to prefer that to the materialistic goods of this world. It is also out of the love the worshipper has for His Lord (Praise and Glory be to Him) and love for the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) that leads him to be obedient to Him and stops him from being disobedient to Him.

When the love of Allah (عز و جل ) enters the heart, one hates the opposite. By the light of this love, the beauty of Islam and the evils of ignorance and infidelity are uncovered. And this is the one who will be with those he loved as reported in the Sahih hadith that Anas (رضي الله عنه ) narrated that a man asked the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ):
“When will the Hour be? “He (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) asked: “What have you prepared for it?” The man replied: “I have not prepared a lot for it by way of prayers, fasting or charity but I love Allah and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم ). The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said: “You will be with those you love”.

6th Condition - Submission (Al-Inqiad)

Submission is fulfilled by obedience to Allah (عز و جل ) and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) to its rightful requirements, which are the duties that must be performed with sincerity to Allah (عز و جل ) Alone, seeking His pleasure. The evidence for submission from the Quran is in what Allah (عز و جل ), the Exalted, says:

“And turn to your Lord (in repentance) and submit to His (Will) before the torment comes upon you then you will not be helped.” [Az-Zumar 39]

And:

“And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah and he is a Muhsin (good doer). And follows the Millah (religion/Society) of Ibrahim hanifa. And Allah did take Ibrahim as a khalil (an intimate friend).” [An-Nisa 4]

And:

“And whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah and is a Muhsin (performs good deeds), then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold (i.e. La ilaha illallah)…” [Luqman 31]

Also:

“But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (Muhammad) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission…” [An-Nisa 4]

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:

“None of you shall believe until his desires follow what I have come with”. [Reported by Al-Baghavi]

7th Condition - Acceptance (Al-Qubool)

Acceptance that contradicts rejection and the evidence for acceptance from the Quran is Allah (عز و جل )’s saying:

“And similarly, We sent not a warner before you (O Muhammad) to any town (people) but that the luxurious ones amongst them said: “We found our fathers following a certain way and religion and we will indeed follow their footsteps.” (The warner) said: “Even if I bring you better guidance than that which you found your fathers following?” They said: “Verily we disbelieve in that with which you have been sent.” So we took revenge on them, then see what was the end of those who denied (Islam)”. [Al-Zukhruf 43-25]

Also:

“Truly when it was said to them: “La ilaha illallah (there is no ilah but Allah)”, they puffed themselves up with pride. And they said: “Are we going to abandon our Aaliha for the sake of a mad poet?” [As-Saffat 37-36]

Also from the Sunnah, Abu Musa (رضي الله عنه ) reported that Nabi (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:

“The similitude of the guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me is like abundant rain falling on the earth, some of which was fertile soil that absorbed the water and brought forth vegetation and grass in abundance. Another portion of it was hard and held the rainwater and Allah benefited the people with it and they utilised it for drinking, making their animals drink from it and irrigated their land for cultivation. And a portion of it was barren which could neither hold the water nor bring forth vegetation. The first is the example of the person who comprehends Allah’s religion and gets benefit (from that knowledge) which Allah, the Exalted, has revealed through me and learns then teaches others. The last example is that of a person who does not care for it and does not take Allah’s guidance revealed through me.” [Reported by Al-Bukhari]

His saying:

“And similarly, We sent not a warner before You (O Muhammad) to any town (people) but that the luxurious ones amongst them said...”

Allah (عز و جل ), the Exalted, informs us that the reaction of the people of Quraish (residents of Makkah) to Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) was similar to that of previous Prophets and their nations.

The Ayat mentioned above indicates:

First:

To make firm the heart of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) and console him that what his people are saying is nothing new and nor are they a unique species of liars.

Second:

Warning against disobedience to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ).

Third:

The danger of imitation and that it is one of the greatest things that dissuade people from accepting the truth and guidance. The evidence for this is to be found in what has been reported in the two Sahihs [Al-Bukhari and Muslim] that Sa’id bin Al-Mussayyab (رضي الله عنه ) said that his father said:

“When Abu Talib was on his death-bed, the Nabi (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) visited him and found Abu Jahl and Abdullah ibn Abi Umayyah ibn Al-Mughira already there. He said: “O my uncle say; “La ilaha illallah", a word with which I can defend you in the presence of Allah”. Abu Jahl and Abdullah ibn Abi Umayyah said: “Do you want to turn away from the religion of ‘Abdul-Muttalib?” The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) kept repeating his proposition and the two men kept repeating what they were saying. He (Sa’id bin Al- Mussayyab) said: The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said: “By Allah, I shall seek forgiveness for you unless I am prohibited (by Allah).” Allah then sent down the following revelation:

“It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allah’s forgiveness for the Mushrikeen (pagans)…” [At-Tauba 9]

And in the case of Abu Talib, Allah (عز و جل ) also sent down the following revelation:

“Verily you (O Muhammad) guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He knows those who are guided.” [Al-Qasas 28]

It shows us how Abu Talib preferred the religion of his fathers and grandfathers and refused to bear witness to the Truth.

Conditions of the Shahada (Part 2) Muhammedan Rasul Allah

By: Sheikh Saleh As-Saleh

Bismilah, Al-Rahman Al-Raheem. Alhamdulilahi Rab Al-‘Alameen wa salla Allahu ‘ala Muhammedan wa ‘ala aalahi wasahbihi wassalam.

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all that exists. I testify there is no true God worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammed is Allah’s true Slave and Messenger. May Allah’s salah and Salam be upon the Prophet, his pure family and his noble companions and those that follow on their path until the day of resurrection. May Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala make us from them. Wal-hamdulilah Rab Al-‘Alameen

Muhammedan Rasool Allah. This is the second part of the shahadatain. It is the belief that Muhammed sallah ‘Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam is the final Messenger of Allah. This necessitates the following:

1) Whatever Allah told us about Muhammed sallah ‘Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam must be true. Allah Ta’ala says:

Qur’an 10-128: Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad ) from amongst yourselves (i.e. whom you know well). It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He (Muhammad ) is anxious over you (to be rightly guided, to repent to Allâh, and beg Him to pardon and forgive your sins, in order that you may enter Paradise and be saved from the punishment of the Hell-fire), for the believers (he is) full of pity, kind, and merciful.

And Allah Ta’ala says:

Al-Ahzab (33) 45-46: O Prophet (MuhammadSAW )! Verily, We have sent you as witness, and a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner, 46. And as one who invites to Allâh [Islâmic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allâh (Alone)] by His Leave, and as a lamp spreading light (through your instructions from the Qur’ân and the Sunnah the legal ways of the Prophet ).

And Allah Ta’ala says:

Al-Kahf (18)-110: Say (O Muhammad): “I am only a man like you. It has been inspired to me that your Ilâh (God) is One Ilâh (God i.e. Allâh). So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord.”

And Allah Ta’ala says:

Yunus (10)-2: Is it wonder for mankind that We have sent Our Inspiration to a man from among themselves (i.e. Prophet Muhammad ) (saying): “Warn mankind (of the coming torment in Hell), and give good news to those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Prophet Muhammad ) that they shall have with their Lord the rewards of their good deeds?” (But) the disbelievers say: “This is indeed an evident sorcerer (i.e. Prophet Muhammad and the Qur’ân)!

And Allah Ta’ala says:

Al-A’raf (7)-188: Say (O Muhammad): “I possess no power of benefit or hurt to myself except as Allâh wills. If I had the knowledge of the Ghaib(unseen), I should have secured for myself an abundance of wealth, and no evil should have touched me. I am but a Warner, and a bringer of glad tidings unto people who believe.”

It shouldn’t be a wonder to mankind that Allah sent a Warner from amongst them. This is necessitated in the second part of Muhammedan Rasul Allah.

2) We must worship Allah as taught by Muhammed salla Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam. The obedience to Muhammed sallah lahu alayhi wassalam is an order from Allah. How can we say of those who believe in allah but not in Muhammed when allah says

Al-Hashr (59):7 And whatever the Messenger (Muhammed sallah Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam) gives you you, ACCEPT IT, and from whatever he forbids you, ABSTAIN FROM IT. And fear Allah, verily Allah is severe in punishment.

Allah Ta’ala also says:

An-Nisa’ (4)-80: He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad ), has indeed obeyed Allâh, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad ) as a watcher over them.

The Prophet sallah Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam said:

Whoever obeys me, he obeys Allah. And whoever disobeys me he disobeys Allah. And whoever obeys the ruler I Appoint he obeys me and whoever disobeys the ruler he disobeys me. (Collected by Al-Bukhari).

Muhammed sallah Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam said: Everyone in my ummah will enter al-Jannah except those who refuse. The companions said: “Oh Allah’s messenger who will refuse?” The Prophet Salla Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam said: “Whoever obeys me will enter Al-Jannah, and who ever disobeys me has refused to enter it.”

All matters discussing worship of Allah, discipline, order, advice and recommendation as detailed by the Prophet of Allah sallah Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam are collectively known as his Sunnah. The Sunnah is an inspiration of Allah and not the Prophet’s ideas, thoughts or desires. Allah Ta’ala says:

An-Najm(53)-3&4: Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. 4. It is only an Inspiration that is inspired.
So in believing and obeying the Prophet’s salla Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam Sunnah we are obeying Allah. There should be no resistance to the way of the prophet sallah lahu alayhi wassalam. He must be taken as a judge in all disputes as Allah commands:
An-Nisa’ (4)-65: But know, by your Lord Allah, they can have no complete faith until they make you (Oh Muhammed) judge in all disputes between them and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions and accept them fully with submission.

Allah Ta’ala says:

An-Nur (24)-63: Make not the calling of the Messenger (Muhammad ) among you as your calling of one another. Allâh knows those of you who slip away under shelter (of some excuse without taking the permission to leave, from the Messenger ). And let those who oppose the Messenger’s (Muhammad ) commandment (i.e. his Sunnah legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements, etc.) (among the sects) beware, lest some Fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, earthquakes, killing, overpowered by a tyrant, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.

The Prophet sallah Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam said (reported in the sahihayn):
He who does an act in dean which is not agreed upon will have it rejected.
The Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammed sallah Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam is surely safeguarded as Allah promised to save the message of Islam from any human corruption. The following is the manifestation of the declaration of at-Tawheed: Muhammedan Rasool Allah, the second part of the shahada.

Allah Ta’ala says:

Aal-‘Imran (3):31-32 Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah,FOLLOW ME; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (3.32) Say: Obey Allah and the Messenger; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the disbelievers.

In short, the declaration that Muhammed salla Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam is the Messenger of Allah is an integral part of the shahada and that he must be trusted in all that he informed us about. Muhammed salla Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam must be obeyed in all that he has commanded and we must stay away from all that he forbade. The obedience to Muhammed salla Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam is an obedience to Allah and that he Muhammed salla Allahu ‘alayhi wassalam has left us with all that leads to Jannah and he warned us about all that leads to the fire of Hell.

All of this constitutes of the second part of the shahadatain Muhammedan Rasool Allah. This is the meaning and entailment of it.

May Allah make this a benefit for us, in our hearts, in our actions, from our limbs and our tongues.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Conditions of the Shahada
Page 1 of 1