The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Empty
PostSubject: Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household   Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:48 am

Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household

https://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m504/IslamicHaven/Rare%20Pictures%20of%20Mecca/

Last edited by Dahlia Sabry on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muneeba
Bronze
Bronze

Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household   Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Salam Alaikum

This album is private... I think I have seen these photos before but would love to see if there are any new ones (new to me that is of course Wink ).
Back to top Go down
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household   Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:09 am

wa alaikum assalam sis.,

No, the album is not private, but it seems the link was a wrong link. Sorry for this. Please try this the new link:

https://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m504/IslamicHaven/Rare%20Pictures%20of%20Mecca/

Salam
Back to top Go down
Muneeba
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household   Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:05 am

Salam Alaikum

Thank you sister. Smile They are amazing photographs but it's a shame they are not dated.

Could you translate the Arabic on the first 4 please? I think one said it is the place of Fatima Zahra's birth (radhi Allahu anhaa) and another is the home of Khadija (radhi Allahu anhaa) but I wasn't sure about the other two.

Back to top Go down
Muneeba
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household   Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Salam Alaikum

I was looking for something on my photobucket today and came across a bunch of photos saved from a while ago. Old photos of Makkah and Hajj published in the National Geographic. Instead of posting all the photos from my album, I found the photos elsewhere on the net, check them out here:

http://sms2palace.blogspot.com/2011/04/rare-hajj-pictures-in-national.html

How much things have changed! The jamarat (pillars where we symbolically stone the shayateen) are enormous now and there are several levels on which the hajjis can walk.

Compare the jamarat:

Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household AlGamarat

Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household 128973577296
Back to top Go down
IH Admin
Admin
Admin
IH Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household   Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Subhan Allah... look at that. Its so...quaint
Back to top Go down
https://theislamichaven.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household   Rare Old Photos of Mecca during Heavy Torrents and Places of the Prophet's Household Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1