The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

Learn Sura 109 (Al Kafirun): Word-by-Word + Commentary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

Learn Sura 109 (Al Kafirun): Word-by-Word + Commentary Empty
PostSubject: Learn Sura 109 (Al Kafirun): Word-by-Word + Commentary   Learn Sura 109 (Al Kafirun): Word-by-Word + Commentary Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 am

The Disbelievers

In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful

[109:1]
Say: ‘O disbelievers!

[109:2]
I do not worship what you worship,

[109:3]
and you do not worship what I worship,

[109:4]
nor will I worship what you have worshipped,

[109:5]
nor will you worship what I worship.

[109:6]
You have your religion and I have a religion’.

Occasion of Revelation:

These verses was revealed about a group of people from the Quraysh who said to the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace: “Come follow our religion and we will follow yours. You worship our idols for a year and we worship you Allah the following year. In this way, if what you have brought us is better than what we have, we would partake of it and take our share of goodness from it; and if what we have is better than what you have brought, you would partake of it and take your share of goodness from it”. He said: “Allah forbid that I associate anything with Him”, and so Allah, exalted is He, revealed (Say: O disbelievers!) up to the end of the Surah. The Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, then went to the Sacred Sanctuary, which was full of people, and recited to them the Surah. It was at that point that they despaired of him.

Listen to Commentary on the Sura:

http://www.islamictube.com/watch/abc2fc3aa0b6d658a56e/Tafsir-Surat-Al-Kafirun
Back to top Go down

Learn Sura 109 (Al Kafirun): Word-by-Word + Commentary
Page 1 of 1