The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

The More We Know, the More We Love

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

The More We Know, the More We Love  Empty
PostSubject: The More We Know, the More We Love    The More We Know, the More We Love  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:10 am

The More We Know, the More We Love  99AttributesofAllahbeauiful

Human beings are created in a certain format, we have the ability to absorb information, and this information that we absorb some of it gives rise to a power, to a motivation, to something that is translated into action, so this is seemingly static knowledge but sometime it has a very powerful dynamic impact and this is something very typical of The Names and Attributes of Allah (S.W.T), the Names and Attributes of Allah (S.W.T) are identical with the way our hearts are created, so once these Names and Attributes are absorbed and understood well they can give you a powerful motivation and a strong will to change the world to something that is definitely better than what it is today and better than any other human plan for the world.

* The Names and The Attributes of Allah (S.W.T) make you a stronger person, a more dedicated person, they open your eyes to so many beauties within your creation so you get to know yourself more and you get to use the gifts that Allah Has given you to something constructive, to something good, and this is what we will try to do Insha'Allah in this series.

* Knowledge of Allah (S.W.T) gives us happiness, Imam Ibn Al Qayyim said: “The heart is created to absorb knowledge about Allah.” This is why the heart was created in the first place, it absorbs knowledge about Allah (S.W.T), so once you know something about Allah (S.W.T) your heart is receptacle, it receives that with eagerness, with thirst, and it just falls on it like water, so once your heart absorbs this knowledge it leaves a powerful impact, and it gives true happiness in your heart, this is why Imam Ibn Al Qayyim said: “The hearts were created to get to know Allah, to move towards Allah, to love Allah, to dedicate themselves, the human being, and everything in life to Allah (S.W.T).” So once the heart is used for that purpose it finds happiness, but if you use the heart for something else you are not going to find happiness, you are definitely going to find misery and this is the story of the lives of so many people around us in the world, despite the money and wealth they have, despite the fame, despite everything they own, they haven't found happiness.

* Knowledge of The Names and Attributes of Allah (S.W.T) gives us the sense of feeling of the presence of Allah (S.W.T), and that He watches us, that He hears us, and that He knows about us, and once you have this feeling it removes all loneliness from your heart.

The more we know about our Creator, the more we know about His Greatness about His Attributes, about His Mercy, about His Love, about His Compassion, about His wisdom, about His Knowledge, and so and so forth the more we love Him, that’s human nature, we cannot resist it unless we’ve got really something wrong deep in our heart.

* Today I want to share with you a very beautiful example about the impact of this knowledge and how it has the ability and the potential to change human beings a hundred and twenty degrees, it can change everything in your life, and this is one of the most important objectives of this series, is that we want to know more about Allah so that we get to change our lives to lead the life Allah wants us to lead.

* The story I want to share with you is the story of the magicians of Pharaoh to show you how knowledge about Allah can make you a totally different person in a very positive sense.

The magicians of Pharaoh were amongst the worst people on earth, because those people who would resort to tricks, lies, and they would do anything to please Pharaoh who was the object of worship to them, so to them the end would justify the means, and because the end even was so filthy that is to please Pharaoh they would do even dirty things.

When Pharaoh brought them to challenge (Moses peace be upon him) Allah said about them: {By the might of Fir’aun (Pharaoh), it is we who will certainly win!} [Ash-Shu’ara’ 26]

{بِعِزَّةِ فِرْعَوْنَ إِنَّا لَنَحْنُ الْغَالِبُونَ} الشعراء: 44

Transliteration: biAAizzati firAAawna innalanahnu alghaliboona

When they saw the sign and the miracle that Allah gave Moses Alyhi Assalam the hearts captured the greatness of Allah, these magician were experts in their field, they knew what magic was all about, but that miracle Moses came with was not magic it was not something within the human ability, it is impossible for human to do it, they realized this is The Greatness, The Knowledge and The Might of Allah, at that very moment the fitrah, and the natural disposition to love and to recognize The Greatness of Allah woke up, as it woke up the hearts captured a little bit of The Greatness, The Power, The Might, and some of The Names and The Attributes of Allah. What happened?! This little portion of faith and knowledge about Allah made them woke up straight away and in seconds they changed and became totally different people; just a few seconds ago they worshiped Pharaoh now what did they do? They prostrated themselves before Allah! They believed in Allah.

Pharaoh threatened them he said: “I shall kill you, I shall crucify you, and I shall cut off your hands and your feet from opposite side.” What was their response after he was trying to cast terror in their hearts? They said: “It doesn’t make a difference, we are returning to Allah, our Lord, you do whatever you want to do, whatever decision you make; it only pertains to this life which is nothing, we’ve believed in Allah who will Insha’Allah make us enter Paradise, that’s the real life, so do whatever you want to do!”

You see how these used to worship Pharaoh, they were cowered but as Islam entered their hearts they became the most courageous as they felt the sweetness of Iman by feeling some of The Names and The Attributes of Allah.

Because prophet Hud believed in Allah (S.W.T) that left a powerful impact on this prophet and the way he dealt with his people, he came to them with the message of Islam and called them to worship Allah (S.W.T) alone, but they resisted him and ultimately they wanted to kill him and destroy the people who joined him in belief. But what was the response of this prophet? Was he scared of these people? The reality is totally different, he said to them as Allah reports in the chapter of Hud which is named after the prophet Hud (prayers and peace of Allah be upon him) himself: {He said: I call Allah to witness and bear you witness that I am free from that which you ascribe as partners in worship, (54) With Him (Allah). So plot against me, all of you, and give me no respite. (55) I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving (living) creature but He has grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the Straight Path (the truth).} [Hud 10:54-56]

{قَالَ إِنِّي أُشْهِدُ اللَّـهَ وَاشْهَدُوا أَنِّي بَرِيءٌ مِّمَّا تُشْرِكُونَ ﴿٥٤﴾ مِن دُونِهِ ۖ فَكِيدُونِي جَمِيعًا ثُمَّ لَا تُنظِرُونِ ﴿٥٥﴾ إِنِّي تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى اللَّـهِ رَبِّي وَرَبِّكُم ۚ مَّا مِن دَابَّةٍ إِلَّا هُوَ آخِذٌ بِنَاصِيَتِهَا ۚ إِنَّ رَبِّي عَلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ} هود: 54-56

Transliteration: innee oshhidu Allaha waishhadoo annee bareeon mimmatushrikoona (54) Min doonihi fakeedoonee jameeAAan thumma la tunthirooni (55) Innee tawakkaltu AAala Allahi rabbee warabbikum ma min dabbatin illa huwa akhithun binasiyatiha inna rabbee AAala siratin mustaqeemin

So he made it clear to them that he didn't fear them because what can they do to him and they are under the control of Allah.

Sometimes you put your trust in Allah but you don't get what you want, you may go through hardships, your enemies might get you, so you start to question yourself, and people will say to you: “You've put your trust in Allah so where is He to help you?” You start to question the help of Allah (S.W.T), you shouldn't do that, go a step further, keep your trust in Allah and be sure that Allah’s choice for you is better than your own choice for yourself.

When you recite the Qur'an focus on the Names and Attributes of Allah and what the impact they can have on your heart is. Try to figure out what Allah (S.W.T) is trying to tell you about Himself in these verses. This will change drastically the way you recite the Qur'an and will make it a very enjoyable act of worship.

Alhameedy wordpress

P.S.

Try to get this book. It is one of the best reads on the topic:

Al-Ghazali on the Ninety-nine Beautiful Names of God

http://www.amazon.com/Al-Ghazali-Ninety-nine-Beautiful-Names-Ghazali/dp/0946621314/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318143460&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down

The More We Know, the More We Love
Page 1 of 1