The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

Surat Mary (Ayat/Verses 1-40)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

Surat Mary (Ayat/Verses 1-40) Empty
PostSubject: Surat Mary (Ayat/Verses 1-40)   Surat Mary (Ayat/Verses 1-40) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 am

Mary

In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful:

[19:1]
Kāf hā yā ‘ayn sād.

[19:2]
A mention of your Lord's mercy to His servant Zachariah,

[19:3]
when he called out to his Lord a call in secret.

[19:4]
He said, 'My Lord, truly the bones within me have become feeble, and my head is alight with grey hair, and I have never been in my supplications to You, my Lord, unsuccessful.

[19:5]
And truly I fear my kinsfolk after me, and my wife is barren. So grant me from Yourself a successor,

[19:6]
who may inherit from me and inherit from the House of Jacob, and make him, my Lord, acceptable'.

[19:7]
'O Zachariah! Indeed We give you good tidings of a boy, whose name is John. Never before have We made anyone his namesake'.

[19:8]
He said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son when my wife is barren and I have reached infirm old age?'

[19:9]
He said, 'It shall be so! Your Lord says, "It is easy for Me, for I certainly created you before when you were nothing" '.

[19:10]
He said, 'Lord, appoint for me some sign'. Said He, 'Your sign is that you shall not speak to people for three nights, while [you are] in sound health'.

[19:11]
So he emerged before his people from the sanctuary and signalled to them, 'Make glorifications at morning and evening'.

[19:12]
O John! Hold on to the Scripture firmly'. And We gave him judgement, while still a child,

[19:13]
and compassion from Us, and purity, and he was God-fearing,

[19:14]
and dutiful to his parents. And he was not arrogant or rebellious.

[19:15]
'And peace be upon him, the day he was born, and the day he dies, and the day he shall be raised alive!'

[19:16]
And mention in the Book Mary when she withdrew from her family to an easterly place.

[19:17]
Thus she veiled herself from them, whereupon We sent to her Our Spirit, and he assumed before her the likeness of a well-proportioned human.

[19:18]
She said, 'Lo! I seek refuge in the Compassionate One from you! If you fear God'.

[19:19]
He said, 'I am only a messenger of your Lord, that I may give you a boy [who shall be] pure'.

[19:20]
She said, 'How shall I have a boy when no human being has [ever] touched me, neither have I been unchaste?'

[19:21]
He said, 'It shall be so! Your Lord has said: "It is easy for Me, and so that We may make him a sign for mankind, and a mercy from Us. And it is a thing [already] decreed" '.

[19:22]
Thus she conceived him and then withdrew with him to a distant place.

[19:23]
And the birth pangs brought her to the trunk of the palm-tree. She said, 'O would that I had died before this and become a forgotten thing, beyond recall!'

[19:24]
Then he called her from below her, 'Do not grieve. Your Lord has made below you a rivulet.

[19:25]
And shake the trunk of the palm-tree towards you - there will drop on you dates fresh and ripe.

[19:26]
So eat and drink, and [let] your eye be comforted; and if you [happen to] see any human being, then say, "I have vowed to the Compassionate One a fast, so I will not speak to any human today" '.

[19:27]
Then, carrying him, she brought him to her folk and they said, 'O Mary, truly you have done a curious thing!

[19:28]
O sister of Aaron your father was not a wicked man, nor was your mother unchaste'.

[19:29]
Thereat she pointed to him. They said, 'How can we talk to one who is in the cradle, [still] a little child?'

[19:30]
He said, 'Lo! I am God's servant. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

[19:31]
And He has made me blessed wherever I may be and He has enjoined upon me prayer and alms-giving, as long as I remain alive;

[19:32]
and [He has made me] dutiful towards my mother. And He has not made me arrogant, wretched.

[19:33]
And peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!'

[19:34]
] That is Jesus, son of Mary, a statement of truth concerning which they are in doubt.

[19:35]
It is not [befitting] for God to take to Himself a son. Glory be to Him. When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, 'Be!', and it is.

[19:36]
And indeed God is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him. This is a straight path.

[19:37]
But the factions differed among themselves. So woe to those who disbelieve at the scene of an awful Day.

[19:38]
How hearing they are and seeing on the Day when they come to Us. Yet the evildoers today are in manifest error.

[19:39]
And warn them of the Day of Regret, when the matter will be decided, while they are [yet] heedless and do not believe.

[19:40]
Indeed We shall inherit the earth and all who are on it, and to Us they shall be returned.

Back to top Go down

Surat Mary (Ayat/Verses 1-40)
Page 1 of 1