The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

‎"And We did not send you except as a mercy to the world" [21:107]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

‎"And We did not send you except as a mercy to the world" [21:107] Empty
PostSubject: ‎"And We did not send you except as a mercy to the world" [21:107]   ‎"And We did not send you except as a mercy to the world" [21:107] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:36 pm

A'isha (R.A.) asked the Messenger of Allah, "Have you ever gone through any experience harsher than the battle of Uhud?" He (pbuh) replied,

"The most difficult thing that I ever suffered at the hands of your people was on the day of Al-Aqabah, when I presented myself to on of their leaders, and he did not respond as I had hoped. I departed, feeling anxious and lost, and I remained in this state until I reached an area outside of Mecca. Then I looked up, and what I found was that I was in the midst of a cloud which had overshadowed me. When I looked to see what was happening, I saw Gabriel in the cloud, calling to me and saying,

"Allah Almighty has heard the words spoken to you by your people and the manner in which they responded to you. Moreover, He has sent you the angel of the mountains, for you to give him whatever command you so desire."

Then the angel of the mountains called out to me with a greeting of peace, saying, "O Muhammad, Allah has heard the words spoken to you by your people, and I am the angel of the mountains. You Lord has sent me to you, for you to give me whatever command you wish. What then do you command? If you want me to bring the two great mountains of Mecca down upon them, I will do so."

But I said,

"All I wish is for Allah to bring forth from their offspring those who worship Allah alone and associate no partners with Him." [Reported by Imams Bukhari and Muslim]

The Prophet Muhammad always used to supplicate to Allah (S.W.T.) by saying, "O' Allah forgive my people because they do not know." [Reported by Imams Bukhari and Muslim]

Also after the battle of Uhud some of his companions asked him to curse the Quraysh because of what they have done to him and he responded, "O' Allah guide them and bring them into Islam." Allah later accepted his supplication and they became Muslims.

Back to top Go down

‎"And We did not send you except as a mercy to the world" [21:107]
Page 1 of 1