The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

19 Virtuous Deeds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

19 Virtuous Deeds Empty
PostSubject: 19 Virtuous Deeds   19 Virtuous Deeds Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:01 am

19 Virtuous Deeds

By: Amatullah

(Extracted from 50 Narrations on Virtuous Deeds)

19 Virtuous Deeds AquoteonVirtuousdeeds1

1. Whoever performs their ablution carefully and then affirms (their faith by testifying): “Ash-hadu an laa ilaha il Allah wahdahu laa shareeka lahu wa anna Muhammadan `abduhu wa rasuluhu; Allahumma-ja’lni min at-tawaabeen waj-a’lni min al-mutatahireen”: ‘I testify that there is no true deity except Allah Alone, Who has no partners, and that Muhammad ﷺ is His slave and Messenger; O Allah, make me from those who repent and purify themselves’ – the eight gates of Jannah are opened for him so he may enter through whichever of these gates he desires.[Tirmidhi]

2. Whoever makes ablution then says upon finishing: “Subhanaka Allahumma wa bihamdika;, Ashhadu an laa ilaha ila anta, Astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilayk”: ‘Glory be to You O Allah and all praise belongs to You; I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except You. I seek Your Forgiveness, and I turn to You,’ - it is written in a parchment, then sealed; and is not opened till the Day of Resurrection. [Nasaa’i]

3. Verily, Allah and His angels pray for the ones who fill in (or complete) the rows [in prayer], and whoever fills in a gap, Allah will raise his status because of it and will build a house for him in Paradise. [Ahmad]

4. Whenever a servant prostrates to Allah, Allah writes a reward for him, wipes out one of his sins and elevates his rank by one degree; so prostrate as much as you can. [ibn Majah]

5. Whoever defends the honor of his brother in his absence will be entitled to Allah’s Protection from the Fire. [Tirmidhi]

6. Whoever removes a harmful thing from the path of the Muslims, Allah shall write for him a virtue whose reward is Paradise. [At-Tabarani]

7. Whoever extends the time to his debtor [to return the loan] , or forgives the debt, will be in the shade of the Throne (of Allah) on the Day of Resurrection. [Muslim]

8. Whoever gives respite to a poor person or writes off his debt, Allah will put him under His shade on a day on which there will be no shade except His (Judgment Day). [Muslim]

9. Whoever is easy-going, gentle and kind, Allah will make the fire forbidden for him. [Hakim]

10. Whoever abstains from asking others for some financial help, Allah will give him (help) and save him from asking others; Allah will make him self-sufficient.” [Bukhari]

11. Whoever builds a Masjid for the sake of Allah even if it is like a nest which a bird builds for its eggs, Allah will build for him/her a house in Paradise. [Tirmidhi]

12. In Paradise there are rooms whose outside can be seen from the inside and the inside can be seen from the outside. Allah has prepared them for those who feed the poor, who are gentle in speech, who fast regularly and who pray at night when (other) people are asleep. [Ahmad]

13. If a Muslim plants a tree, or sows a field and men and beasts and birds eat from it, all of it is charity from him. [Muslim]

14. Whoever visited a sick person or visits his brother in Islam, a caller calls from the skies: “You have done well and your walk was good also, and you have earned a place in paradise”. [Tirmidhi]

15. If a man visits his sick Muslim brother, it is as if he walks reaping the fruits of Paradise until he sits, and when he sits he is showered in mercy, and if this was in the morning, seventy thousand angels pray for him until the evening, and if this was in the evening, seventy thousand angels pray for him until the morning. [Tirmidhi]

16. From the acts that guarantee forgiveness is being generous with the spreading of salaam [i.e., frequently greeting] and good speech. [at-Tabarani]

17. Glad tidings for the one who finds in his book (i.e. his book of deeds) lots of seeking forgiveness (repentance). [ibn Majah]

18. He who has taken food and says at the end, ”Alhamdulillah’illadhi at`amani hadha, wa razzaqanihi min ghairi hawlin minni wa la quwwatin” – ‘All praise and thanks is due to Allah Who has given me food to eat and provided it without any endeavor on my part or any power,’ all his past sins will be forgiven.’ [Ahmad]

19. Whoever seeks forgiveness for believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman. [At-Tabarani]
Back to top Go down

19 Virtuous Deeds
Page 1 of 1