The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

Learn Surat Al Duha ( 93): Recitation and Commentary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

Learn Surat Al Duha ( 93): Recitation and Commentary Empty
PostSubject: Learn Surat Al Duha ( 93): Recitation and Commentary   Learn Surat Al Duha ( 93): Recitation and Commentary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Learn Surat Al Duha ( 93)

The Morning Hours

In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful:

[93:1]
By the forenoon,

[93:2]
and [by] the night when it is still.

[93:3]
Your Lord has neither forsaken you, nor does He hate you.

[93:4]
And verily the Hereafter shall be better for you than the first [life].

[93:5]
And verily your Lord shall give you and you shall be satisfied.

[93:6]
Did He not find you an orphan and shelter you?

[93:7]
And did He not find you erring and guided you?

[93:8]
And did He not find you needy and enrich you?

[93:9]
So, as for the orphan, do not oppress [him],

[93:10]
and as for the beggar, do not drive [him] away,

[93:11]
and as for your Lord’s grace, proclaim [it].

Occasions of Revelation:

Concerning [93:1-3]

Abu Mansur al-Baghdadi informed us> Abu’l-Husayn Ahmad ibn al-Sarraj> al-Husayn ibn al-Muthanna ibn Mu‘adh> Abu Hudhayfah> Sufyan al-Thawri> al-Aswad ibn Qays> Jundub who said:

“A woman from the Quraysh said to the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace: ‘I think your demon has forsaken you’, and so it was revealed (By the morning hours, and by the night when it is stillest, thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee)”.

This was narrated by Bukhari> Ahmad ibn Yunus> Zuhayr> al-Aswad and by Muslim> Muhammad ibn Rafi‘> Yahya ibn Adam> Zuhayr. Abu Hamid Ahmad ibn al-Hasan al-Katib informed us> Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn Shadhan> ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn Abi Hatim> Abu Sa‘id al-Ashajj> Abu Mu‘awiyah> Hisham ibn ‘Urwah> his father who related:

“Gabriel, peace be upon him, was late in coming to the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, and this caused him tremendous distress. Khadijah said to him: ‘Your Lord has forsaken you because of the distress He sees in you!’ And so Allah, exalted is He, revealed (By the morning hours, and by the night when it is stillest, thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee)”.

Concerning [93:6]

Al-Fudayl ibn Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Ibrahim al-Sufi informed us> Zahir ibn Ahmad> 'Abd Allah ibn Muhammad ibn Ziyad al-Naysaburi> Yahya ibn Muhammad ibn Yahya> 'Abd Allah ibn 'Abd Allah al-Hajbi> Hammad ibn Zayd> 'Ata' ibn al-Sa'ib> Sa'id ibn Jubayr> Ibn 'Abbas who reported that the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, said: “I have asked my Lord for something I wish I had not asked for. I said: 'O my Lord! There were prophets before me, some of whom you had subjugated the wind - and he mentioned Solomon, son of David - and some of whom could bring the dead back to life - and he mentioned Jesus, son of Mary - and some of whom…, etc.'. Allah, exalted is He, responded by saying: 'Did I not find you an orphan and protected you?' I said: 'Indeed, O my Lord'. Allah said: 'Did I not find you wandering and directed you?' I said: 'Indeed, O my Lord!' Allah, exalted is He said: 'Did I not find you destitute and enriched you?' I said: 'Indeed, O my Lord!' Allah, exalted is He, said: 'Have I not caused your bosom to dilate and eased you of the burden?' I said: 'Indeed, O my Lord!' ”

Part I

Part II

Weeping out of awe ... Surat Al Duha by Sheikh Abdul Basset Abdul Samad.

Back to top Go down

Learn Surat Al Duha ( 93): Recitation and Commentary
Page 1 of 1