The Islamic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Peace at the Heart of Islam

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem~ Salam Alaikum, Welcome sisters and brothers, Muslim and Non-Muslim friends! Come learn and share with us.

A Comprehensive Supplication

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obedient Angel
Admin
Admin

A Comprehensive Supplication Empty
PostSubject: A Comprehensive Supplication   A Comprehensive Supplication Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:57 am

Abu Umama (radhi allahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) made numerous duas but some of us could not remember any of these duas.

We said to him: “O Nabi of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)! You have made innumerable duas but we do not remember any of them.” Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) replied: “Should I not show you such a comprehensive dua which includes all these duas?

Transliteration: Allaahumma innee as-aluka min khair maa sa-alaka minhu nabiyyuka muhammadun sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam, wa a'oodhu bika min sharri maa asta 'aadha minhu nabiyyuka muhammadun sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam, wa antal musta'aanu wa 'alaikal balaaghu, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah.

Meaning: O Allah! I beg of You for all the good that Your Nabi Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) asked of You and I seek refuge from all the evil that Your Nabi Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) sought refuge from. You alone are The One from whom help is sought. And it is upon You to answer our plea. There is no power to refrain from sins and to perform righteous deeds except from You.
Back to top Go down

A Comprehensive Supplication
Page 1 of 1